Anthony A. Zepeda
Who is Anthony?
A marketing strategist who enjoys connecting the dots between metrics, strategic development, and marketing technology to increase lead generation and improve conversion for an organization’s marketing funnel.
- Marketing: HubSpot and ExactTarget
- CRM: Salesforce.com and HubSpot CRM
- Analytics/Metrics: BrightFunnel, Google Analytics, and HubSpot, familiarity with SQL
- Website: WordPress, HubSpot, HTML, and AmericanEagle, familiarity with CSS
- Events: EventGeek, Eventbrite and Bizzabo
- Advertising: Google AdWords, AdRoll, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, and Twitter Ads
- Design: Adobe Photoshop; strong familiarity with Illustrator and InDesign; Canva
- Video: Vidyard, Wistia, and basic editing skills on Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Social Media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, Sprout Social and Hootsuite
Email Marketing Certification
Content Marketing Certification
Google AdWords Fundamentals
Label Insight – Chicago, IL
January 2018 – May 2018
Marketing Consultant/Manager – Activation & Measurement
- Reported on marketing campaigns and provided plans for re-optimizations and new insights for content development to improve conversion and drive new traffic.
- Provided activation to support marketing partners in initiatives including: email marketing, webpage development, search advertising, conferences, product launches, and marketing automation.
- Collaborated with sales operations manager to set up a marketing attribution platform, BrightFunnel, and report important insights to develop future marketing initiatives.
- Worked with internal team and third-party agency to redesign organization’s website and content.
Human Capital Media – Chicago, IL
March 2016 – January 2018
(Position ended due to layoff)
- Collaborated with senior leaders to developed go-to-market plans for 2 annual conferences, 2 pre-workshops, and 12 roadshow events.
- Project managed marketing calendar for each event, managing graphic designer, contractor/content writer, and web specialist ensuring execution for multichannel activities.
- Built and optimize paid digital campaigns through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google AdWords, increase lead retention and acquisition by 3%.
- After campaign review, developed email marketing nurture initiative incorporating marketing automation and increasing engagement by 5%.
Appraisal Institute – Chicago, IL
January 2015 – March 2016
- Research, designed and deployed email marketing campaigns for organizational education programs and 40 local chapters.
- Prepared event and email calendar while managing execution of all assets needed.
- Campaign management for AI book releases involving marketing strategy and project management.
- Report on for AI email marketing metrics, AI website analytics, and AI Online Bookstore sales.
Freelance – Chicago, IL
October 2014 – June 2015
Marketing Communications Consultant – Consulted with two clients
- Created case studies, whitepapers, brochure design, published articles, blog posts, and email nurture campaigns to assist in lead nurturing and brand improvement.
National Tax Search – Chicago, IL
October 2013 – October 2014
(Position ended due to layoff)
Marketing Communications Specialist
- Collaborated with senior leadership, product management, and subject matter experts to redevelop the online and offline marketing initiatives including one product launch.
- Implemented cross-channel campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ platforms, which increased engagement by 25%, 5%, and 3%, respectively.
- Built media relationships to enable publishing of organization created articles and press releases.
Freelance – Chicago, IL
January 2013– October 2013
Social Media Strategist
- Advise on social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter and website content for clients, increasing Facebook “likes” by 10%, Twitter following by 5% and continued social engagement.
- Analyzed and metrics for web and social media platforms to develop better content and visual strategy for the client.
MedAdept, LLC – St. John, IN
September 2011– July 2012
Implementation Software Specialist
- Developed collaborative training materials and demonstrations, and provided training for the company’s software updates, saving $10K in the company’s annual training budget.
- Assisted healthcare clients with technical support and billing issues, which saved clients a combined $500K annually.
American Guardian Warranty Services, Inc. – Glen Ellyn, IL
January 2011 – July 2011
- Developed and managed online branding campaigns, while leveraging social channels and company blog to create brand awareness, resulting in a 30% traffic increase and increase by 3% website views.
- Cultivated and maintained top-tier accounts generating $35M
January 2006 – December 2010
- Maintained new and low-tier accounts generating $15M
- Managed the creation of client marketing collateral with third-party graphic designers.
July 2004 – January 2006
- Managed day-to-day customer and client relations and distributed promotional marketing collateral across the country: communicated with clients, worked on monthly accounting for clients’ commissions (saving $20K per year), and ensured marketing supplies were distributed to clients.
Monmouth College – Monmouth, IL
Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Theatre Arts, Concentration: Digital Media